Archive for category NEWS
BlackBerry officially announced BlackBerry10 OS and BlackBerryZ10 in Thailand. According to the experts Thiland can expect these newly launched products in their country as soon as end on April this year, in collaboration this different carriers such as AIS, dtac, TrueMove and other retailers.All the consumers will be able to pre order this device starting from April 5, 2013 at the BlackBerry Experience Center in the Siam Center, so what are you waiting for? go and pre order this amazing device.
Bangkok, Thailand – BlackBerry® (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced the launch of the all new BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone in Thailand. The BlackBerry Z10 (all touch) is the first smartphone powered by BlackBerry® 10, the re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented BlackBerry platform that creates a new and unique mobile computing experience. The BlackBerry Z10 is expected to be available from AIS, dtac, TrueMove and authorized retailers by the end of April. It is also expected to be available at the new BlackBerry® Experience Center, located on the 2nd floor of Siam Center, for 20,900 baht. Customers can pre-order the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone from the BlackBerry Experience Center starting April 5. For more information please visit http://th.blackberry.com/.
Benoit Nalin, Country Director for Thailand at BlackBerry said, “We are excited to announce that the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is coming to Thailand. BlackBerry 10 offers a faster and smarter experience that continuously adapts to you. Every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep you moving.”
Available in two colours, Black and White, and with Thai UI and input support, the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is elegant and distinctive, and the fastest, most advanced BlackBerry smartphone yet. It features a 1.5 GHz dual core processor with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and an expandable memory card slot that supports up to 64GB cards. The smartphone includes the latest enhancements in high density pixel and screen technology to display clear, sharp, and incredibly vivid images. It features a micro HDMI out port for presentations, and advanced sensors such NFC (near field communications) to support mobile payments and the exchange of information with a tap of the smartphone.
For more information on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, please visit http://th.blackberry.com/.
Highlights of BlackBerry 10
BlackBerry 10 is a robust and reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It has a modern design and a gesture-based interface that is highly discoverable. It is designed to support, learn, and adapt to the way you work and share with features like:
- The ever present BlackBerry® Hub, which is a single place to manage all your conversations whether personal or work email, BBM™ messages, social media updates or notifications, and the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you.
- BlackBerry® Flow, where the BlackBerry 10 experience excels by enabling features and apps to flow seamlessly together, helping you complete the task at hand effortlessly and efficiently. For example, you can tap on an attendee listed for a meeting to see their latest tweet or LinkedIn profile. Or tap the thumbnail of a picture you just took to launch the Picture editor and quickly apply a transformation or filter, then instantly share it with your contacts.
- A keyboard that understands and adapts to you, that learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately.
- BBM (BlackBerry® Messenger), which allows you to share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and introduces the ability to share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact.
- BlackBerry® Balance™ technology, which elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content on BlackBerry devices.
- Time Shift, an astonishing camera feature that lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. Story Maker, which lets you bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share.
- The new BlackBerry 10 browser, which sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 support on smartphones, is incredibly fast. Scrolling or zooming is fluid and responsive. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content.
- BlackBerry® Remember, which combines memos, tasks and much more into a single experience. It helps you organize and manage information you have on your smartphone around projects or ideas, letting you collect content such as websites, emails, photos, documents, and other files, and then like a To-Do list, lets you create tasks, assign due dates, and track your progress. If your BlackBerry 10 smartphone is set up with a work account, your Microsoft® Outlook® Tasks will automatically be wirelessly synced with BlackBerry Remember.
If you have configured an Evernote account with your smartphone, BlackBerry Remember will sync Evernote workbooks as well.
- BlackBerry® Safeguard technology that helps protect what is important to you, and the business you work for.
- Built-in support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® so your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone can be simply connected and managed as other ActiveSync devices in a company, or enabled with BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 to gain secure access to work email, “behind the firewall” applications and data, and benefit from other security and enterprise mobility management features.
- The BlackBerry® World™ storefront, which now includes more than 100,000 BlackBerry 10 apps. In addition, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Foursquare apps for BlackBerry 10 are preinstalled, and BlackBerry 10 customers will have access to leading applications from across the globe. BlackBerry has also been working with local partners and developers to bring a variety of popular Thai applications to the new platform, including GMM Grammy Music Store, KantanaTV, Lakorn Online, Thai Airways, ThaiTV3, and Sanook.com.
On 30 Jan 2013 during the launch even of BlackBerry Z10, it was officially announced that Research In Motion formally known as RIM will be changing its name to BlackBerry, and thing has started to change since then.
Today on 4th February 2013 Research In Motion will formally close down to continue as a company on the Toronto Stock Exchange and NASDAQ instead RIMM will be alter its name to “BBRY” on NASDAQ and “BB” on Toronto Stock Exchange. Although, shareholders will still have to vote for the authorized change of Company’s name at the Annual General Meeting which is scheduled to happen later this year. All we can say is bye-bye RIM and Hello BlackBerry !!!
What do you think about this change in name? Will that be enough along with BlackBerry10 which will help them to rise to the top? Please feel free to share your feedback with us.
RIM tried and is still trying its best to get attention from everyone and impress them by their next Smartphone innovation BlackBerry10, in the past we have witlessness many BlackBerry JAM events and webcasts etc that were used to promote their upcoming device BlackBerry 10. Since now the launch event is all set to be held on 30th January 2013, and there are indeed no signs of slowing down the promotion and activities.
To promote such kinds of venture RIM has decided to start a BlackBerry 10 Experience Forum which is all set to be started from 4th February 2013 from Toronto, ths forum will help everyone to provide enough knowledge about BlackBerry 10 which can fit into their business portfolio.
- See – See our endeavor mobility vision, the BlackBerry 10 Enterprise Portfolio, protected enterprise mobility management &application for business that take mobile efficiency to the top.
- Experience – Familiarity of all advancement & innovation with hands-on demos and discussions with BlackBerry product teams & partners.
- Learn – Sessions that jump into details on topics that are significant to you.
So what are you waiting for Click on the below link & register yourself in the forum and if you a decision maker for Business, IT or an Enterprise developer this is surely the most suggested events that you should part in it and learn almost everything about BlackBerry 10. This Forus require no cost to register and attend plus, registration are open for most of the events listed.
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA–(Marketwire – January 08, 2013) – 2013 International CES (North Hall, Booth 1837) – QNX Software Systems Limited, a global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics, today announced that a release of the QNX CARTM application platform 2.0 and of its associated tooling environment, the QNX CARTM development platform 2.0, is now available to the automotive community.
The QNX CAR application platform 2.0 supports an exceptionally rich set of pre-integrated technologies, both from QNX Software Systems and from dozens of ecosystem partners. This pre-integrated platform, built on an OS proven in tens of millions of vehicles, enables automotive customers to hit the ground running and significantly reduce the time required to build connected, cutting-edge infotainment systems.
“The era of multi-year design cycles in car infotainment is over; our customers now want to develop at the speed of mobility. Case in point: we helped one customer slash their development effort down to 14 months – a massive improvement over the industry standard of 3 years,” said Andy Gryc, automotive product marketing manager, QNX Software Systems. “At the same time, our platform helps infotainment systems stay relevant long after they’ve been deployed, through an HTML5 framework that simplifies smartphone integration and that enables manufacturers to keep vehicles fresh with new apps and content.”
To help mobile developers and automakers work in tandem, QNX Software Systems also plans to release an HTML5 SDK for the QNX CAR application platform by mid 2013. HTML5 is the only application environment that works with all of the major mobile platforms. The SDK will provide mobile developers with specialized APIs for accessing automotive devices and hardware. It will also include an emulator that lets mobile developers quickly see how their apps would look and function in an actual car.
QNX Software Systems has also released the QNX CAR development platform 2.0, which provides the tools that customers need to create, modify, debug, and test their custom versions of the QNX CAR application platform.
“For almost a year, automotive companies in the U.S., Germany, Japan, and China have been putting the QNX CAR application platform 2.0 through its paces. We’re thrilled to see the many next-generation designs that customers already started developing on the platform during the early access program,” said Andy Gryc.
Platform demonstration at 2013 CES
To demonstrate the extraordinary flexibility of the QNX CAR application platform 2.0, QNX Software Systems has created a new technology concept car based on a Bentley Continental GT. The car, which will be unveiled today at 2013 CES, showcases unique technologies never before seen in a car, as well as advanced smartphone integration, natural voice recognition, and video conferencing. See accompanying press release, “QNX Re-imagines the Driving Experience with New Technology Concept Car.”
QNX Software Systems has licensed its software technology for millions of in-vehicle systems worldwide, including digital instrument clusters, hands-free systems, multimedia head units, connectivity modules, and 3D navigation systems.
Click Here to read more & watch a small video about RIM’s & QNX initiative to create personalized Bentley Continental GT, Feel free to share your views and feedback about release of this “QNX CAR Application Platform 2.0” and what about Bentley Continental GT ( for those who are interested to gift me this car can cotact me 😉 ), jokes apart we are really getting excited about the BlackBerry10 whose release date is less than a month away and we are really looking forward to it.
In one of the Press Conference RIM make an important announcement about BlackBerry App world which will now being integrated and execute billing with more than 50 carriers worldwide. We all know that this is certainly not the biggest development of the year but this major decision will surely provide benefits to various BlackBerry users. While this may not be the biggest news of the year, it does offer huge advantages to many BlackBerry users.
Many of us might not have the access or not want to avail the earlier payment solutions but now with this new amendment we can use the Carrier billing option (contract user/post paid) to purchase Applications from BlackBerry App World, this develpement will not only make things easy for BlackBerry smartphone users but also will life all the purchase restrictions
Keeping all the myths apart the BlackBerry user’s base is still growing (especially in Asian and African continent) this will prove to be a another decisive step that will head RIM into right direction and we could also see the increased number of carriers in the coming years and not to forget this will be an added advantage for much awaited BlackBerry10 which will be released on 30th Jan 2013.
For more information we are providing you the complete press release:
Waterloo, ON – November 26, 2012 – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced that more than 50 carriers have now implemented integrated carrier billing on the BlackBerry App WorldTM storefront for their customers. The announcement marks a great milestone for RIM, and a big benefit for carriers, developers, content providers, and customers.
Integrated carrier billing enables a customer to purchase apps or digital goods on their BlackBerry smartphone, and simply and conveniently have the purchases put directly on their regular monthly bill from their carrier. Integrated carrier billing is also integrated with the BlackBerry Payment Service, which enables developers and content providers to offer in-app purchases (such as additional levels in a game), as well as supporting one-off and recurring (subscription-based) purchases, without interrupting the customer’s app experience.
Carrier billing services have proven to drive significant value for the whole mobile ecosystem, including carriers, developers, content providers, and customers. Aggregated data indicates that customers’ propensity to purchase apps on BlackBerry App World increases when carrier billing is offered, with an average of 75% of gross sales transacted through the carrier and average carrier revenues derived from apps increased between 100%-300% after launch.
Ronjon Nag, Vice President for the BlackBerry App World storefront at RIM, said, “We’re delighted to announce that over 50 of our carrier partners are now offering integrated carrier billing to customers on BlackBerry App World. We remain committed to developing innovative ways to support our carrier partners, while providing a platform that benefits the whole mobile ecosystem.”
Ray Anderson, CEO, Bango, whose mobile payment platform enables charge-to-bill payments in BlackBerry App World, said, “Our relationship with RIM goes from strength to strength and we’re delighted to see the integrated carrier billing experience Bango enables on BlackBerry smartphones in the hands of more and more customers. We’ve seen smartphone users rely increasingly on the ability to charge the costs of digital goods to their carrier bill, and with RIM, we’re providing them with a frictionless payment experience.”
Dario Talmesio, Principal Analyst, Informa Telecoms & Media, said, “Mobile operators recognize that RIM works closely and constructively with them and with more than 50 operators now offering integrated carrier billing it’s a great milestone that shows these relationships are productive. Mobile operators recognize the business benefits this service provides and the opportunities for repeated customer engagement on BlackBerry App World.”
BlackBerry App World is now available in 170 markets and territories worldwide offering more than 100,000 BlackBerry smartphone apps.
For a complete listing of carriers offering integrated billing on BlackBerry App World please visit: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/appworld
Research In Motion recently announced about their BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) one of the most popular messaging service which is now optimized and upgraded to the next level now BBM will be coming up with a completely new feature which haven’t been seen before and that is BBM Voice. This new feature will be integrating with new BBM version 7 release although there is one of the latest version of BBM 188.8.131.52 having voice chat feature available for download in the BlackBerry Beta Zone.
Vice President of BBM and Social Communities at RIM – Mr. T.A. McCann also appreciated the upgrading of BBM. BlackBerry Messenger is one of the easiest and fastest way to stay connected with people that matter most to you and by expanding services for deeper social engagement and relationship with voice chat ability.
So with this new BBM Voice feature you can stay updated and connected with your near and dear ones even if you are away from home or traveling abroad etc without even worrying about the phone charges. So if you are having any special news or want to talk to someone or like wise forget texting because BBM Voice is here to rescue you.
Features of BBM Voice include:-
- Users can start a conversation on BBM Voice call directly
- The split-screen feature will help you to talk and text etc at the same time while you are having chat over BBM voice call.
- BBM displays contacts that are available for Voice call by an indication
- BBM Voice is compatible with accessories like Bluetooth or wired head set or you can also have a chat on BBM voice via BlackBerry Smartphone speaker.
- Even if you can’t talk you can revert back via texting.
You can download BBM voice from clicking the above link, although this application is still in beta zone and in testing phase but you can surely try this new introduction to BBM and its all free. We will be keeping you posted about all the developments and news related to BlackBerry Messenger.